Sony Burano Pre-Order
The Sony Burano is now available for Pre-Order! Purchase of this product gets you a spot in line for when the camera ships in Spring 2024. The $499 deposit is non-refundable but goes towards the final purchase price, currently expected to be priced at $24,999.99. The balance will be due before shipping of the actual camera. We will reach out upon placing of your deposit with further details as well as assistance in the building of a package if needed.
- High mobility for solo shooting
- Full Frame 8.6K (8632 x 4856) CMOS sensor with 16 stop dynamic range
- Dual Base ISO of 800/3200
- In-body Image Stabilization (3-axis PL mount, 5-axis Sony E-mount)
- Electronic variable ND (0.6 ~ 2.1 ND)
- Auto Focus with Face/Eye tracking technology
- Phase detection AF (Max 627 points)
- PL and Sony E-mount
- Full Frame and S35 sensor modes
- Multiple resolution support
- Multiple codec support
- Magnesium alloy chassis and body
- Multiple Input/Output and Control interfaces
- CFExpress Type B media
The Sony BURANO 8K Digital Motion Picture Camera is a new concept in cinema cameras. It takes VENICE’s superior image quality and usability but re-imagines it for solo and small team productions. 33% lighter than VENICE 2, more power efficient and supporting CFexpress media – it’s not just our smallest full-frame CineAlta camera, in many ways it’s our most technically advanced. Expect uncompromising image quality wherever you are, whatever the size of your crew.
Full-Frame 8.6K CMOS Sensor
- The BURANO camera's 8.6K CMOS sensor not only matches the VENICE 8K's exceptional imagery, but it also incorporates Sony's renowned autofocus technology—a huge boon for single operators when facing fast-paced environments with challenging focus.
- The sensor also offers both full-frame and Super35 modes, enabling you to select from a vast array of lenses to suit a variety of project types.
ARRI PL and Sony E Mounts
- The BURANO is equipped with the same rugged, reliable PL- and E-mount system as the VENICE series, enabling you to select your glass from a huge selection of lenses.
- The PL mount is compatible with all Super35 and full-frame PL lenses in both spherical and anamorphic versions. It also supports Cooke/I technology for frame-by-frame metadata and ZEISS eXtended Data.
- The E-mount supports metadata when using Sony E-mount lenses.
Available with Sony E-mount lenses, the BURANO camera's autofocus options include Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF) and Human Eye AF for accurately capturing fast-moving subjects even when you're operating alone.
- A feature unique to the BURANO is its in-camera image stabilization for both Sony E- and ARRI PL-mount lenses, a first in digital cine-style capture.
- This new PL-mount lens feature provides 3-axis pitch, yaw, and roll stabilization with high, low, and off options. E-mount lenses benefit from 5-axis pitch, yaw, roll, x, and y stabilization with active, standard, and off settings.
Variable ND Filter
- A built-in, electronically variable ND filter enables solo operators to quickly and easily adjust their exposure when faced with changing light levels.
- This dial-type filter ranges from 0.6 to 2.1 ND for a total of seven stops.
- The BURANO's 8.6K sensor provides a massive 16 stops of dynamic range, producing phenomenal images with very low noise in conditions ranging from almost no light to blazing sunlight.
- It also offers excellent HDR imaging (high dynamic range) with unprecedented freedom when color grading in post-production.
- Dual-base 800/3200 ISOs enable the BURANO to excel at low-light HDR capture.
- Its wide exposure latitude ranges from 6 stops over to 10 stops under 18% middle gray, for a total of 16 stops.
Versatile Frame Rates
The BURANO supports multiple resolutions and frame rates, including full-frame 8.6K at 30 fps, full-frame cropped 6K at 60 fps, Super35 5.8K, and Super35 cropped 4K at 120 fps.
Up to 8K Recording with Multiple Codec Support
- Support for resolutions ranging from HD to 8.6K enables the BURANO to obtain the highest quality images for all your productions.
- Supported internal recording formats include the new XAVC H, which uses the highly efficient H.265 codec to record 8K files, X-OCN LT for stunning raw images with efficient storage, and both XAVC-I and XAVC-L for UHD 4K and HD.
X-OCN 16-Bit Original Camera Negative
- Ideal for even the most advanced workflows, X-OCN (extended tonal range Original Camera Negative) codecs combine 16-bit precision with moderate bit rates to produce amazing color reproduction using manageable file sizes.
- X-OCN is supported for multiple resolutions and frame rates up to 8.6K 16:9 30 fps.
- The detachable VF/LCD combo functions as both a viewfinder and touchscreen controller for the MURANO.
- A handy Home button replicates the "big six" (FPS, EI, Shutter, ND, Look, and WB) functions that will be familiar to VENICE users.
- Dual media slots on the BURANO enable it to record to CFExpress Type B cards; it also incorporates an SD card slot for utility functions only.
- Sony CFexpress Type B TOUGH Series Memory Cards are now available in 960 and 1920RGB versions.
Interface, Optional Grip
- The BURANO's advanced interface includes 12G/6G/3G-SDI, 3G-SDI, and HDMI outputs, 3-pin XLR audio Inputs, timecode, genlock, and reference input/outputs, a 1000BASE-T LANC terminal, and built-in, dual-band Wi-Fi.
- The interface also includes a port for linking to the new, separately available GP-VR100 Remote Control Grip.
Lightweight, Compact Form
- Based around a chassis and body made of a magnesium alloy, the impressively robust yet lightweight and compact BURANO is made to withstand the harshest conditions.
- Its ventilation system is completely isolated from the electronics, preventing the ingress of dust, sand, and splashes of water.
- The fan runs silently and can be easily swapped out for a new unit.